Android phone getting slow day by day or all of a sudden.
Its mainly due to ROM space getting low due to caches & Data within the App.
If you perform some of the steps at weekend. It can optimise your phone speed.
Here, we had listed 9 different steps on How to speed up your Android phones.
By using these steps you can get rid of Slow phones.
Like: Usain Bolt running on 100m Track
Different Techniques to Speed up Android Phones:
- Restart Your Phone
- Clear Phone cached data
- Clearing Data from the App
- Using Rooting
- Uninstall Old or Unused App
- Disable Animations
- Factory data reset
- Get rid of widgets
- Software Update
- Kill Background Apps
1- Restart your device : Basics to speed up your device, through this you can clear all the cache.
It terminate unwanted tasks running in the Background from the device and helps to speedup device again .
To restart your device. Hold power button, then choose “restart” option and to confirm click “OK.”
2- Clear Phone cached data : Cleaning your cached data can also be helpful.
Caching is basically a collection of duplicate information about the websites and web pages you visit.
Occasionally, your apps and devices start working slowly and do not respond rapidly as the RAM within the phone gets exhausted.
Clearing app data may get some storage on your device for other uses and this will enhance your device speed and other application performance .
3- Clearing Data from the App:
- Go to the Setting menu.
2. Find the App in the menu, then find the App in which you want to clear the data.
3. Tap on Clear Data .
4- Rooting : ***Rooting voids warranty of the device.
Default Apps. which come prebuilt with the phone can’t be uninstall.
In order to uninstall prebuilt Apps, you have to root your phone.
With rooting you can have full access to your device .
Root changes every underlying security from Google. So make sure you had backup your data before rooting.
We know that there are many types of android phone and every phone have different method of rooting .
Here are some methods of Rooting :
Method of rooting on Nexus phones:
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Download & Install Nexus Root Toolkit on your computer and open it . (Nexus root toolkit is generally used to unlock & root any nexus device)
- Choose your phone model from the drop down menu . (if you are not sure about phone model no, Tap on “Setting > about phone” and there you will find your model under “Build number“).
- From the second dropdown menu , choose the version of android you are currently running . (If you are not sure about the Android version running on the phone, Tap on “Setting >About Phone device ” and there you will see “Android version”. You will get the information you need to select .
- Press Apply.
- Go to the “Setting” in your phone , then choose “About phone”. (At the bottom of the setting page you will get ” About phone”.)
- At the bottom of the “About phone ” you will get “Build number”. .Tap “Build Number” 7 times . After the 7th time of tapping you get a notification that developer mode is enabled. (Repeat the process, If developer mode is not enabled)
- Go back to the “Setting” and click on the ” Developer Options”. (This option will only appears after enabling developer mode.)
- You will see a reminder to allow debugging access to the computer. Choose “USB Debugging” and then click on the “Ok”.
- Choose “Always allow from this computer” and then click on the “Ok”.
- Click “Ok ” in the instructions windows of Nexus Toolkit.
- Click ” Download + All file dependencies” and click on the “continue”.
- click “Full Driver Installation Guide” for instructions on configuring your drivers. The steps will depends on your current driver setup. If you have connected another Android phone to your computer before this you have to uninstall any old drivers, then Nexus Root Toolkit will provide you a driver installation kit to match your setup.
- If you want save any data to keep then Click ” Backup” to save (optional).
- Click “Unlock” and this will allow you to root the device.
- Click “Root” and then Nexus root toolkit will root your device. Select the Autoroot file you extracted ending in .tar.md5. When the process is complete your phone will be rooted!
- Click “Restore” and then this will show you various restore options matching the backups option . Press each option to restore from the backups you created.
Method of Rooting on Samsung Phones:
- Go to the “Setting > About Phone” on your phone .
- Click on the “Build number” 7 times to enable Developer Mode. (Repeat the process, if developer mode fails to appear)
- Go back to the “Setting” and then select “Developer Options”. This option will only appears after enabling developer.
- Select “OEM Unlock”. This setting will allow your phone to be rooted!
- Download & Install Odin on your computer . Odin is specially made for rooting & Flashing Samsung phones, but only available for windows.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies USB driver. It is very important to enable USB debugging options on your phone.
- Download and extract the Chainfire autoroot file. Right-click the .zip file and select “Extract” using Winzip. The extracted file will have the root file (Select it in AP or CSC option in Odin tool)
- Switch off phone. Press and hold the Power button, Home button and volume down key together on your phone.
- Press Volume UP to continue. The phone will enter download mode after few seconds.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB while Odin is running and your phone is in Download Mode. Odin will display “Added Message” after a few seconds, which indicates the connection between the phone and Odin is working.
- When the process is complete your phone will be rooted!to use.
5- Uninstall Old or Unused App
Uninstalling an old app will also allows you to speed up your device.
Method of uninstalling downloaded app
- Open setting .( That will be found on the home screen of your device and through this you can delete or uninstall any app).
- Open Apps. (Scroll down to find Apps ).
- Select the App you want to delete and the choose uninstall. (The application will be deleted after this process).
6- Disable Animations
This process will only take a few minutes and it will make your device performance good.
Method of disabling animations in your device
- Go to the setting > About phone and then click on Build Number several time to enable it .
- Go to Settings > Developer options, and scroll down to Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale.
- Turn off each of the animation option. (Remember to leave Developer options turned on to keep the animations disabled).
7- Factory data reset
Factory data reset will remove all your data from your android device- like all apps, music , pictures and everything , but if some data is stored in your google account it will be restored when you sign in, but all apps and their data will be deleted and can’t be restored.
Method of factory data reset (Samsung Phones )
- Press and hold the Power button, Home button and volume up key .
- Recover mode will appear. Select wipe data/factory reset.( Use volume up\down key to high light and power key to select).
- Select Yes — delete all user data. ( It will take several time to complete).
- Select reboot system now. (After that your device is all ready to use).
8- Get rid of widgets
Uninstalling widget can be also helpful.
Method of uninstalling widgets
- Open the settings App.
- Select Apps ( Apllication manager). Scroll down to choose this.
- Select “All”.
- Select the widget you want to uninstall.
- Select “Uninstall”.
- Click on the “Ok”. After that the widget will be uninstall immediately.
9- Software Update
If any Software update has been roll out for your Android phone. Make sure to install it. As previous bugs are solved in Latest Updates.
To check Manually:
1- Click on Setting.
2- Select About Phone.
3- Tap on System Update.
It will install the Updates once it get downloaded.
Usually takes 10-15 min to install. Do not interrupt the process.
10- Kill Background Apps
In Android phones Apps are keep running in Background, if you had closed it.
As usual, more the Apps you open.
It keep playing in Background.
Just Exit each of them to make your phone run faster.